Effective Environmental Strategies for the Prevention of Alcohol Abuse among Adolescents in Europe, 25 February 2013, Brussels
During this three year project, a team of researchers studied the use of alcohol among European adolescents. The team identified risk factors that influence alcohol use in adolescence and confronted them with different possible effective strategies for the prevention of alcohol abuse among adolescents that had been implemented in different European countries.
- Alcohol-use Among Adolescents in Europe (Dr. Majone Steketee, Verwey-Jonker Institute, chair AAA-prevent team)
- Alcohol consumption patterns of young adolescents in Europe (Prof. Dr. Renate Soellner, Germany)
- Risk factors of alcohol consumption in different domains and on different levels: A multilevel approach (Dr. Harrie Jonkman, the Netherlands)
- Effective programs (Dr. Anna Markina, Estonia)
- Policies and recommendations (Dr. Hans Berten, Belgium)
-Way forward at EU level (Dr. Natacha Torres Da Silva, European Commission, DG SANCO)