FASE: Focus on Alcohol Safe Environment
FASE project aims to collect best practices in work-place strategies to reduce the impact of harmful and hazardous alcohol consumption on the economy as well as best practices on well-resourced community mobilisation and intervention projects to create safer drinking environments, and to develop best practice in advertising, self regulation and monitoring.
Funded by the EU Commission
Interventions in the work place can reduce harmful alcohol consumption, but there has been no systematic collation of effective practices across the EU; interventions in drinking environments can reduce the harm done by alcohol, but there are no clear European guidelines on best practice or systematic collation of effective practices across the EU; there is ample evidence that advertising impacts on young people's drinking, but a lack of standardization for regulation and monitoring, and no systematization of best practice across the EU.
To undertake systematic reviews and to systematically collect examples of best practice in the three topic areas, workplaces, drinking environments and advertising; to prepare reports on guidance for the implementation of best practice; to share knowledge and expertise on best practice with all relevant networks of professionals involved in each of the three topic areas at European, country, regional and municipal levels.
Systematic reviews will be undertaken of the international and European literature to identify evidence based interventions and policies in the three topic areas; collation of examples of European best practice and related laws and infrastructures will be gathered from a wide range of country partners; recommendations for effective prevention and practice and guidelines will be prepared based on the findings of the systematic reviews and collected examples.
Published reports on the evidence and guidance for action and a database and inventory of examples of good practice and relevant laws and infrastructures.
The general objectives of the FASE project are to build capacity at the European, country, regional and municipal levels by:
1. Collect best practices in work-place strategies to reduce the impact of harmful and hazardous alcohol consumption on the economy (e.g. reduce absenteeism, drinking during working hours, working with a hangover and unemployment).
2. Network, evaluate and collect best practices on well-resourced community mobilization and intervention projects, involving different sectors and partners to create safer drinking environments.
3. Support development of best practice in regulating advertising practices, and monitoring the adherence of regulation of alcohol advertisements.
To read the complete application of the FASE Project, please download the following text:
- Alcohol and workplace (regulations, literature study, case study, presentations, publications, coordinator)
- Alcohol and drinking environments (regulations, literature study, case study, presentations, publications, coordinator)
- Alcohol advertising (regulations, literature study, case study, presentations, publications, coordinator)
For more information please visit the FASE project website