The European Association for the Study of the Liver
The European Association for the Study of the Liver started as a small group of 70 hepatologists from 15 European countries who came together to share best medical practice in April 1966.
50 years later EASL has evolved into a major European Association with international influence dedicated to the liver and liver disease.
EASL has over 4,000 members from all over the world and provides an annual platform, The International Liver Congress™, for 11,000 liver experts to meet and discuss latest scientific research.
EASL has given rise to many international clinical trials and research collaborations to the benefit of patients all over the world.
EASL Vision- Many Ways, One Aim: Beating Liver Disease
To be the Home of Hepatology so that all who are involved with liver disease can realize their full potential to cure and prevent it.
- Promotes research in the science of liver disease (Hepatology)
- Provides state-of-the-art education for physicians and scientists
- Fosters public awareness of liver diseases and their management
- Acts as an advisor to European Health authorities
- Facilitates scientific exchanges and catalyzes European multi-center controlled trials
- Supports young investigators to ensure that the liver remains at the forefront of research