OASIS is a Non-Governmental Organization that was established in 2002 by former dependents and their families and it is considered an innovative attempt by Greek standards, since it is the sole support- system for dependencies that is founded and run by former addicts & co-dependents.
OASIS operates on the principles of anonymity, collegiality, mutual support and volunteering.
Objectives and aims:
prevention of dependency, social re-integration, scientific research, awareness-mobilization of society, education, consultation, cooperation and networking with organizations for thedevelopment of relevant measures, promoting volunteerism.
- The Center deploys the 12-step method based on the A.A methodology.
- Our expertise lies in peer to peer rehabilitation as well as the combination of psychosocial and legal support; and medical and educational/vocational support "from rehab to social integration"
- Over 3500 beneficiaries have been supported through our 12-year operation.
- Solidly measurable impact backed up by detailed documentation.
- We have a long-standing track record in public and private partnership schemes, local self-governed organizations and Greek ministries.